You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SVKTVKVVK

Starting Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 10:53am

Replacing Old Rainbird RC-1260Bi with new

Hey All,

I want to replace my old controler with a new one.....is this possible and how hard? ?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 12:12pm

Not difficult - just mark every wire at the controller before you do anything

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 12:21pm

Definitely not hard. You can look HERE and HERE for some general guidelines. You have a number of zone wires and one common. When you disconnect your old controller wires mark each one by the zone 1, 2, etc they come from. This is only for your convenience. They can be assigned to any zone but you probably already know each zone by the numbers. Really all you do is disconnect wires, remove old box, install new, reconnect wires and program.

The new digitals offer a number of features you don't have. You have a 12 zone controller. If you stay in the Rainbird line you can go with the ESP line with 3 expansion modules, assuming it's mounted indoors. Or you can go with the Hunter Pro-C line. Or any of a bunch.

Figure maybe 30 minutes tops for the switch out.

mrfixit

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 12:43pm

I'd like to make one suggestion. Unplug the controller before fiddling with anything inside.

Rate this thread