You are not logged in.

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 8:51am

Glad everything worked out.
Mind if I ask what brand index valve you bought?

Also, any hints on installation or problems you ran into would be appreciated.
These valves are rare and, since you just installed one, you just became the expert!

intel

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 10:27am

Yeah sure,
I first went with a 4 zone Fimco indexing valve and a Hunter PGV anti-siphon valve. Fimco is a local company in Florida and their indexing valves are found in most of the hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot. I messed up on the initial install and didn't tighten one of the threaded inlets enough so I had a leak at the inlet of the anti-siphon valve. I thought hand tightening the threaded inlet in addition to some teflon paste would be sufficient... oh how I was mistaken. I already pvc cemented the idexing valve too, so I had to remove both the indexing valve and anti-siphon valve. I was soooooooooo mad!

My second attempt and $70 dollars later I went with the Rain Bird JTV/ASF-100 anti-siphon valve and a K-Rain 4 zone indexing valve. I ordered the K-Rain indexing valve online.

The install was pretty straight forward in my case. The indexing valve is a slip/slip configuration. Just use some pvc primer and pvc cement and you're good to go. I kept my indexing valve above ground as well.

Indexing valves from what I gathered are very common in Florida as we don't have to deal with "winter" here :p

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "intel" (Apr 19th 2012, 10:34am)

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 1:13pm

I have to admit I started laughing at "My second attempt and $70 dollars later..."
Far too much of my own experience in gained in exactly that same way.

coralguy

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 7:46pm

Florida is flat as a pancake. 8)
Not quite everywhere. I am about to start designing for my lawn and the sloping elevation is something I really need to understand how much it will impact the design. I am thinking of the K-Rain Indexing valve.

Property

Also, is there help here to design this system other that the manufacturer's services?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "coralguy" (Apr 30th 2012, 10:07pm)