You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

steve123

Starting Member

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 8:10am

irritrol controller

My controller just started flashing "short" on all 15 stations! I just can not believe that all 15 valves or the wiring leading to them shorted yesterday. I checked the output from the transformer and it is OK. I suspect it is the brain and I am into buying a new controller. Also all the wiring to the bus bars looks great.
Any ideas?? Thanks, Steve

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, November 24th 2003, 5:42am

I am assuming it is Hardie (irritrol) Total control timer?

Usually, if the timer is older...the back panel goes bad.....I would just replace the timer.....sometimes on the back panel a solder connection gets shorted...

but: try this first....disconnect power to timer and remove battery...wait 30 seconds then hook up power and then new battery.....try to run manually after that...if still says short...probably bad timer....sorry
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Rate this thread