You are not logged in.

seanik

Unregistered

Monday, March 26th 2012, 3:24pm

Modify existing system for new pool in yard

Need to modify my existing system to account for a new pool that is going in. Luckily the main line and lateral runs will not be impacted by the dig for the pool thanks to some pre-planning on my part with my installer last year.

Current setup has 2 zones covering the back yard with Hunter I-20 around the perimeter of the yard. Easiest route will be to replace two of the current rotators with a series of spray heads or MP rotators.

Question I have is can you have a zone with I-20's and MP's or standard spray heads?

Thanks in advance!

grey

Advanced Member

Monday, March 26th 2012, 6:21pm

General rule of thumb you don't want mix rotors and sprays on the same zone. Precipitation rates of sprays are higher than rotors. Area under rotors would be dry while under sprays would be overwatered. Consider short to medium range rotors like Hunter PGJ or Rain BIrd 3500.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, March 26th 2012, 10:11pm

Again apples to apples and oranges to oranges. However,

while a MP has a less Precip rate than rotors. Depending on the situation a couple mp's on a rotor zone doesn't hurt

seanik

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 27th 2012, 6:59am

Thanks guys! makes complete sense, I was only calculating flow rates and did not consider the precip rates. Best route will likely be to add another zone with the spray heads as I have room for one more in my controller without adding an expansion module.

Rate this thread