You are not logged in.

Z06Vette

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 2:08pm

Hunter SRC6001

I have a Hunter src6001 which stopped working. It will not work even in manual mode. The sprinklers work using bleed screw. I checked for AC voltage at the timer posts for the various sprinkler circuits. No voltage, NADA. There is voltage of course from the transformer. I have to think that the timer is DOA. I also noticed that the year does not go past 2011. I checked at the terminals when in manual mode

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 2:31pm

Original SRC controllers had a calendar that ended in 2011 - when they die, they die - mostly, the controller display blanks out

Make sure there's no blown fuse, or rain detector getting in the way of your readings.

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 2:31pm

On the 2001 issue, take a look at this THREAD. It's a known issue and Wet_Boots provides a resolution.
If you are getting power from the transformer and nothing through the zone connectors when on Manual check your fuse. The battery back up will let the display show but won't run the system. The manual is located HERE

Z06Vette

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 5:55pm

Hunter SRC6001

Thanks I will give it a try using 2001. No blown fuse, test it with a VOM meter. How retarded and shortsighted of Hunter. I had a genie that worked for 22 years. Also no rain detector attached. The display works and there is voltage from the transformer. Got the manual earlier thought it might give some insight but this forum is way better.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, March 30th 2012, 7:13am

While you can't get an actual schematic from Hunter, you should try to 'follow' the supply voltage as far as you can. Fuses can look good and be bad - confirm with a voltage measurement across the installed fuse (should be zero)