You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

78craft

Unregistered

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 5:48pm

bad valve or guts?

I have an older toro system. When I went to turn the system on for the first time two zones are not working. I think it is the valve. I put one of the known working solenoids on one of the none working zones and it did not work. While the none working zone solenoid worked in a known working zone. It is a screw on type enclosure. The solenoid screwed on top of a base and that base screws off of the entire valve. Inside there is a gasket, spring and a long needle. The top of the needle is white. Would I just need to replace the gasket? What else could it be? Last year this would happen one day and the next day it would suddenly work and I just dealt with it as I just purchased the house but would like to get this fixed before summer hits.

78craft

Unregistered

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 5:51pm

another thing

If I manually turn the solenoid the system does come on. Not sure if that matters but want to try to give as much information as possible.

78craft

Unregistered

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 6:31pm

After looking at some pictures my valves are toro flo pros. Like the one in the link below. As I said the solenoid works.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/water/msg051940149121.html

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 6:59pm

Replace all the Flo Pro valves - you won't be sorry.

78craft

Unregistered

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 9:52pm

That would be ideal but the location of the valves would make that project a major PITA. Would replacing the valve inside fix this problem? Also what is the part number I need to replace the guts?

mrfixit

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 12:52am

Here's the diaphragm if you want to try it.
Click on this
Perhaps there's debris blocking the port under the solenoid.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 9:06am

If all it took to make a Flo Pro valve reliable was a new diaphragm assembly, then Toro might still be manufacturing them. They are not, and that says plenty.

Rate this thread