You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

esha

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 8:44pm

Controller Problem

Hi everyone. I am installing an irrigation system for my home and so far have most of the piping in. I was having trouble with the valves and the controller so I replaced the valves (they were old anyway) and tried again. Seems my 4 zone system controller will turn on zones 2,3 and 4 but not zone 1. I tried switching the zones around in my controller and again zone 1 did not work. I think I need a new controller but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me to try before I do so. I have replaced the fuse on the controller and also reset it. I bought the home as a foreclosure so I can't vouch for the age of the controller. So once again if I try to turn a zone on through zone 1 on my controller it won't work, but if i switch that same wire to zone 2 in my controller it turns on. Thanks!

mrfixit

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 9:33pm

If you don't have a 5th terminal to move the wire to then you'll need a new controller or module depending on the model.

esha

Monday, April 2nd 2012, 9:43pm

It is an Orbit is only has a 4 zone controller. I was afraid that getting a new controller was the only option, but oh well. Thanks.

Rate this thread