You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sjdunn

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 7:01pm

Valve Wiring

I have the old toro flow pro valves (that I am slowly replacing) installed in my lawn, and I am having an electrical problem on one of them... I read in a previous thread that said to never cut the green wire but it has happened! There was a green wire going to one of the valves that seemed to go off into no man's land by itself just under the ground and it was snagged by the lawn mower. Now that zone is dead... :wacko:
The question I have is: Can I splice into another wire bundle on a valve nearby or is this a major problem?? I am a newbie to all this so I apologize for my ignorance.....

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:10am

There are two wires going to your valve: a control/positive and a ground.
Can be any color.
You may have to get a multimeter to determine which wire is cut.

If it is the ground that is cut then yes, you can splice into the ground on another valve. Use water proof connectors.

If it is the control/positive that is cut and you don't know where the cut is you can either run a whole new wire back to the controller (no fun), use something called Add-a-zone, which will tie into the positive on your closest valve, or use a battery operatedindividual controller on that valve only. The downside to the battery operated controller is you add another programming step and it is in the field, not near your other controller.

Let us know how it goes.

Rate this thread