You are not logged in.

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 10:57pm

Febco 765-1

I went to start up my system today, and noticed water coming from the top of the BVP. I then went and moved the ball valves for the inlet and outlet. I realized after some more research that this was not necessary. :S Anyway, once I went to start the water through, water was pouring from the bottom (see red arrow). Did moving the ball valve to close then open get it frozen in the closed position? I'm guessing that this will require the BVP to be replaced? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 2:49pm

The bottom arrow points at a drain opening that was used to connect air to winterize the system. You should be able to thread in a plastic plug.

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 9:03pm

Febco 765-1

Thanks Wet Boots. Why would water dribble out of the canopy the first time I tried, and then pour out of the vent the second time? Just trying to understand. Thanks again. :)

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, April 9th 2012, 7:13pm

There are rubber seals inside of the 765 that seal when pressurized. Opening the inlet valve slowly won't allow enough pressure to build in order to seal the gaskets. If once the gaskets seal, it continues to leak from under the "bell" then the gaskets maybe cracked or weathered.

Monday, April 9th 2012, 9:59pm

Thanks CI. I appreciate your advice.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 8:22am

It's designed to burp water occasionally.