You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Comb

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 4:25pm

Solenoid 14 Yrs old Nelson- Replacment Options.

After last year blowout ,today my one zone wont come up ,Controller says Nelson 8424, Solenoid is JH 811,valve dont know. Can i use hunter ,rainbird etc solenoid on this thing ? Secondly if not which valve should I buy ? Rest three zone r working fine .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Comb" (Apr 10th 2012, 4:49pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 5:50pm

An Irritrol solenoid will be the replacement

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 8:24am

Signature acquired Nelson back in 2008. The most common solenoid replacement listed, the 7962, is for the 7900 and 9000 series. It's also the only one I can find listed, which narrows the options. Without knowing for sure which valve you have it is a best guess/gamble.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 9:24am

Older Nelson valves of that series had a separate piece that combined with a 'standard' 3/4-20 thread solenoid to make what is sold as a single piece today - why the change, I don't know.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Apr 13th 2012, 10:23pm)

mrfixit

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 1:30pm

I'm pretty sure he says the controller is a Nelson but he doesn't know what make the valve is.
Here's the Irritrol solenoid Boots refered to.
Click Here

Comb

Friday, April 13th 2012, 5:28pm

Thanks to all .Ordered the Irritrol.

Rate this thread