You are not logged in.

Kozmic

Friday, April 13th 2012, 9:49am

Booster pump on a well?

I have about 3/4 acre of lawn to water. I have a submersible pump in the well and I figured the GPM at about 24 at 45PSI
Currently I am watering with some Krain's i mounted on a portable stand. I can run about 5 with no noticeable affect on pressure.
But If i stick to 5 heads per zone I may never get all the lawn watered in the allotted time period allowed by the "man". Can I put a booster pump on the well to boost my zones to 10 heads?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 13th 2012, 10:54am

You need to get accurate flow measurements at higher pressures. If your existing well and pump setup won't exceed 50 psi because of a pressure-switch setting, it is customary to raise the cutoff pressure to above 60 psi. (the air charge in the pressure tank also gets increased at the same time the cutoff setting is raised)

You also need to explain what, if any, restrictions you might be dealing with. I rarely see restrictions on well watering, outside of a major drought situation.

Kozmic

Friday, April 13th 2012, 11:14am

I called the county. My "do gooder" neighbor gave me wrong info.
I have from midnight till 10:00am
OR
4:00 pm till Midnight
Twice each week
Dry season in Fl they are talking about going to once a week.
i should be able to get it all done in 10 hours.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 13th 2012, 12:13pm

If you were up against it, timewise, you would get more bang for the buck by using heads that work effectively at low pressures. The list of these more or less begins and ends with the Rainbird Maxipaw impact head. At a head pressure of 25 psi, they will outperform any gear-drive rotor.