You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfixit

Friday, April 13th 2012, 2:21pm

I received this in an email from Sprinkler Talk.

Hi Mrfixit, I just purchased a new home with a sprinkler system and never had or used one. I have searched high and low in the front and back for the valves to turn the water on and come up blank. Out front I found the large green cover that says control valve on it. When lifted off there is the water meter but no turning valves on the pipes to turn water on or off. Along side that box is another round black cover which I removed and is a 3-4 inch pvc pipe going down a couple feet with dirt built up but I stuck a piece if pipe in there into the dirt and didnt feel anythin. Also found another 2-3 inch little green flip up cover in back of the control valve cover and seems to be some type of bleed off valve which almost resembles a large tire. I took a screw driver and pushed down on it which is spring looaded so I do believe i might be some kind of bleeder. ABSOLUTELY LOST. Any advise you can give me would be appreciated. The controller box in the garage is a Toro EL6+ so I'm
guessing that the whole system.

Thank You
RAMM

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 13th 2012, 4:50pm

A photo or three is worth a thousand words. ^^

mrfixit

Saturday, April 14th 2012, 10:31am

Hi Ramm. I don't have any idea about your spare tire thing. I don't know what the pipe going down into the ground is either. Possibly a shut off valve? Maybe it's for watering a tree? I have no clue from here.
If you can't locate the valve boxes you'll need to use a wire locator. It will trace the wires path from the controller to the valves. Your best bet is to hire a guy to do that. He'll also hopefully know what the other two items are.
As Boots stated, if you could post some pictures we might have an idea what you have there.
To post a pic, go to imageshack.com, upload a pic, cut n paste the forum code here.

Rate this thread