You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Stvroth

Unregistered

Sunday, April 15th 2012, 4:04pm

All valves stuck open?

I just fired up my 18 year old system that has Toro valves and when I did all six stations came on at once. In essences one head from each station is on since there is not enough water pressure to run all at once. It does not matter what zone I put on, I get the same result. I opened up each valve to inspect and they look fine. I cycled the zones and felt each solenoid go on with each zone. I can't beleive all six go bad at the same time. Is it possible that because all six are on there is not enough pressure to shut them down? Any suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 15th 2012, 6:32pm

First make sure your valves are not manually set to be open, which can happen after winterizing.

If they are still stuck open, close the flow controls on the valves.

If that doesn't work, or if the valves have no flow controls, you are going to be replacing all the valves.

Rate this thread