You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mack

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 8:30pm

Rainbird ESP Modular Controller

When operating in manual mode there is no voltage at the MV (main valve) terminal. As I step through the manual sequence each of six zones has 26 vac at it's terminal, but the system provides no water. I can turn on the MV manually and the system waters just fine. I looked at the terminal boards and did not see any damaged components. Could an open varistor cause this problem? Any ideas of how to pin point the problem to the computer board, the back plain board or the basic module board?

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:01am

Mack,
It does sound like your MV is shot.
Unfortunately, finding any info on troubleshooting down to the system board/component level is almost impossible. Like most electronics today they are designed to be replaced, not repaired. You might check with Rain Bird 800-724-6247.
Let us know if you find anything.

mack

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 12:54pm

Rainbird ESP Modular Controller

GatorGuy,

Thanks for the info. I did talk to Rainbird. They suggested I talk to a local Rainbird distributor to see if they could test each board to see where the problem might be. I have not done so yet. Looks like I'll have to buy a new unit.

Rate this thread