You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vabear

Friday, April 20th 2012, 6:40pm

Hunter Controller Program "A" a No Go

I have a Hunter IIC 800 PL Controller and Program "A will not activate. Programs "B" and "C" work fine. I tried to contact Hunter Tech Support, put on hold twice and dropped twice so I am asking for your help before I go out on the economy (I am Cheap or Frugal, your choice of words). I have always split my front and back yard into two programs ("A" and"B") I have 8 stations (1-4 front, and 5-8 back) and I want to start my back yard first, so I set a start time of 4:00 AM on "A" and assign 0 run times on stations 1-4 and 25 minutes each on 4-8, then I go to "B" and set 25 minute run times on 1-4 and 0 run times on 4-8 and a start timer of 6:00 AM. Water days are M-W-F. Today, Friday program "A" did not run, but "B" did so I trid setting a start time of 10:00 AM to "A" and waited but no go. Any suggestions?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, April 20th 2012, 10:10pm

Do you have a rain sensor?

Did it rain?

Has there been any digging or landscaping or phone lines put it since the program ran last?

I think it has more to do with those issues than that of the controller.

Good Luck and let us know.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 20th 2012, 10:12pm

I would perform a reset, as per instructions from the mfr - Once that is done, the only functioning program is going to be 'A'

vabear

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 7:30am

Hunter Controller

Yes I have a rain sensor but do not believe that is an issue as both B and C programs run. I am going to do reset and go from there, thanks for all of the responses.

vabear

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 9:06am

Hubter Controller

Did a hard reset (fighter pilot method), pulled battery and removed power from controller for 5 minutes and then reprogrammed her. Did a test on "A" and that worked so hopefully I am good to go (film at eleven).

vabear

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:28am

Hubter Controller Program "A" No Go

After resetting and reprogramming her she works fine, guess the Module had a glitch and that is now history, Again thanks for the support from this forum.

vabear

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 1:01pm

Hunter Controller Prgram A No Go

Well the other shoe fell, controller working fine for one week and then last evening I noticed mist in the air in my back yard, took a closer look and a sprinkler head was irrigating my lawn. It was 8:00 PM and I had no start times of 8 (AM or PM in the program) so she was back to playing with me. To resolve the issue I have purchased and installed a Hunter PRO-C controller and programmed her and awaiting the results (film at eleven). :S

Rate this thread