You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SpritzCan

Starting Member

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 8:33pm

how many people use both COM posts when two are provided?

I am building my own irrigation controller for 12 zones, and I am wondering if I should have two COM positions or if one if enough. Any feeback would be appreciated. Thanks!

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 9:49am

This is if your have one common for the front yard and one for the front, or if you don't want to make a splice in the field before the timer. This is a convenient option, but most people don't over think it. It is a wire option that is nice because some times the wire is heavy gauge and you can't put 2 commons on the terminal strip because your wire is too thick.

If you are residential install, do what is convenient. But pay attention to wire sizing charts!!

Thanks

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 8:47am

Todd's got it.

Rate this thread