You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jnappi

Starting Member

Friday, April 27th 2012, 2:57pm

PVC to Copper Connection

Hi:

I bought and installed a new Duro manifold this week. All my connections are good except the main swivel connection to a male thread 1" copper main line. I taped the male threads 3 or 4 times and tightened the swivel by hand then another little with a wrench. Still I have a leak at this connection. I am afraid to over tighten the PVC swivel for fear of cracking it. The rubber gasket in the PVC side is intact. Should I try using a PVC bushing between the two or is there some other method to make this a leak free connection? Help?

Thanks for any advice.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Friday, April 27th 2012, 5:52pm

I would try it without the teflon tape first. The o-ring is what seals the fittings.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 27th 2012, 9:34pm

never tighten a Dura manifold fitting with a wrench - hand tight is all

Rate this thread