You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, December 30th 2003, 7:57am

Valve Activator- Bypassing the controller power

I was wondering if anyone uses any type of device that can be used on site to troubleshoot valve without the use of the controller. This device would obviously be a type of power source with connectors and switch.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, December 31st 2003, 4:57pm

i have never had any experience with these....hang on someone on here will let u know (something) im sure!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 1st 2004, 8:58am

Like a valve locator?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Sunday, January 4th 2004, 4:12pm

Basically a device that would electronically activate a valve to turn on.

I was thinking that maybe a high end power multimeter that might supply the proper voltage would do

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, January 5th 2004, 10:53am

Never heard of such a thing.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 6th 2004, 7:02am

Just an idea but home furnace controls I think are 24v systems and (heating and cooling guys) they may have a devise that is capable of supplying 24 v to a valve maybe through alligator clips.
Thanks,

Pete

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Tuesday, January 6th 2004, 4:33pm

Im sure there is something! That is a good idea! I will check with a heating and cooling supply house and get back to everyone.
I just thought such a device would be helpful

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 7th 2004, 4:46am

The only down side that I see is if the wire nuts are already on then they would need to be removed to make the connection.
Thanks,

Pete

Tom

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 10th 2004, 12:15pm

You can make a very simply device yourself. You need 3 - 9volt batteries. Plug them together to create a 27 volt supply. Radio shack would have everything you need. I have one myself that I use to test solenoids and to actuate a valve in the field.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, January 12th 2004, 2:47am

I cant remember the physics. Is this a parallel circuit or a series circuit? Good tip.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread