You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

djb383

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:20pm

Controller and valves

Can 2 valves be connected to 1 (or each) terminal on the controller? Thanks.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 1:17pm

Yes they can, but do you have enough water pressure to run two zones at once?

djb383

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:44pm

Hey thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. With regard to having enough water pressure, that's what I'm not sure of.....but before I test 2 valves wired into 1 station on the controller, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't electrically fry valve solenoids or the controller itself. Thanks again.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:52pm

Most controllers can handle it. You're not going to fry any solenoids. I've seen on a couple occasions where wiring two valves together will blow the fuse. I've had it happen on a Toro Greenskeeper and a real cheapo RainJet controller.

djb383

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 4:22pm

Hum, maybe I shouldn't try it, just to be safe, 'cause the controller is definitely a cheapo...Rainbird SST600i. I don't see a fuse, just a small hole with the word "Reset" above it. :( Thanks a bunch, do appreciate it.