You are not logged in.

Stu1986

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:44pm

[Rain Bird]Sprinkler not controlling by control panel

Hi,

I'm not sure what the model number is, but its a rain bird. The issue is I got underground and above ground sprinklers and the the above ground sprinklers will not turn off unless the water flow is off. To further clarify, once the water is on, the above ground sprinklers will fire up, EVEN if the whole system is not even activated.

I only had the house for a year so the entire system is still very new to me and the previous owner gave me a quick how-to on the workings, but honestly i never fiddled with it in the time i lived at my house.

i hope someone can help me with this, if you need more information, let me know and if you can let me know how to provide you with it as like i said this is all new to me.

Thanks

mrfixit

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 2:15am

There's probably something wrong with the valve.

Unplug the controller and see if it shuts off. If so it's the controller, if not it's the valve.

Stu1986

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:47am

if its the valve, what would I have to do to repair it? I don't think its the controller as like I said its currently in the Off position so its not even activated. once i turn on the water for the sprinkler the above ones will fire up until I turn off the water for it.

one thing I should note when spring hit, I turned on my water supply and when I did one of my sprinkler heads broke, so I had to replace it.

mrfixit

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 1:23pm

The diaphragm's probably bad. You could try turning the flow control down a tad to see if that helps. Sometimes if the flow control is open all the way the valve sticks on. If that doesn't work take the top of the valve off to get to the diaphragm.

Rate this thread