You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

christensonryan

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:39pm

heads not popping up

In one zone the majority of the heads do not pop up all the way. They are all brand new heads. I have tried adjusting the flow on the valve but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 8:24am

Heads not popping up generally indicates low pressure.
If there isn't an obvious break in the line try capping one or two head.
Then test.
If the remaining heads come up ok then you have too many heads per zone.

christenson2

Unregistered

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 9:16am

I will test it out. In the past I know they worked before. Could the pressure change.

Thursday, May 10th 2012, 9:46am

Pressure can change at any time. Municipal pumps change, problems with valves, pinched lines, cracked lines, etc.

Two weeks ago a lady had low pressure on 8 of 12 zones. No leaks, no obvious problems.
Eventually figured out that during our drought one section of the concrete walk to her front door had settled about 3 or 4 inches.
The main line for those zones ran under the walk and was being pinched off.

Another house, old system, tree had grown so much the root had lifted the pipe out of the ground. The pipe was bent up, over and down the other side of the root. Pipe pinched to about 1/2 size.

Rate this thread