You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rusty

Friday, May 11th 2012, 7:53pm

Low pressure on all zones

Working on friends system. Turned on for summer and when each zone operates, there is limited flow...the heads pop up but not enough to spray the water very far. Total of 6 zones.

Plenty of water pressure at rpz/back flow preventer.

The voltage at the controller at each zone is 27 volts.

No sign of leakage, wet ground or bubbling anywhere.

Dont know if there is a master valve since there is no drawings and don't know what Im looking at anyway.

Any suggestions???

mrfixit

Friday, May 11th 2012, 8:13pm

To check for a master valve, try turning on one of the valves manually with the bleeder screw or solenoid. If there's water you don't have a master valve.

Usually when there's low water pressure on ALL the zones, it's either a pressure regulator that's gone bad or there's a valve that's not on all the way.

Make sure the water's on all the way at the water meter. Look around for shut off valves. Could be near your backflow preventer.

Rusty

Friday, May 11th 2012, 9:59pm

I will work on it in the morning. I will start with the valves.

Before digging the yard up, should I install a pressure gauge and what pressure range should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help......

OK. No master valve. Pressure at 55 psi on down side of rpz with no other valves. It sounds like something stuck in line.
My thought for attempting to blow it out first would be removing and capping all heads for one zone, opening union on rpz and blowing air in last pipe on that line while that zone is activated.
Any other suggestions???
If that doesn't work, do I start digging?? Looking for anything that may be clogging the main line??
Thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rusty" (May 12th 2012, 2:24pm)

Rate this thread