You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

samrhett2

Unregistered

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 6:48am

Pressure Control Box on Pump

Forgive me if I don't explain this properly. I am a single woman trying to get my house ready to sell with limited funds to fix any problems. My irrigation system runs, but does not change zones. The problem is easily fixed by unscrewing the nut from a small cover of a box on the pump. The box contains about 4 screws and 1 nut. In front of each screw is an indented area with objects that look like small coils or springs. All I have to do it stick a screw driver into that stop and tap it and the pump comes on again and switches to the next zone.

My electronic timer in the garage that controls it seems to be programmed properly and the zones run the correct amount of time. It is just like the box (which I assume has to do with pressure) is either sticking or not adjusted properly. How do I adjust it without doing damage? Any ideas? Much appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 8:36am

How often do you work on the electrical wiring in your house? If the answer is never, then this is beyond your reach.

Monday, May 14th 2012, 8:33am

Pictures would be appreciated.
I'd like to second something wet-boots said: if you aren't familiar with working with electrical wiring and controls now is probably not a good time to learn.
Get us some pictures if you can and we'll see what we can do to help.

samrhett2

Unregistered

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 6:57pm

Thanks for the advice. The problem is I am selling the house because I am in financial hardship and I don't have the money to call someone to fix it. If it is beyond my scope than I will just have to disclose that it is not working properly and tell the prospective buyers that I won't fix it.

I am sure you all know what you are talking about, but you would be surprised how many things I have taught myself to do by reaching out in forums like this. When you don't have money you have to learn any way you can.

I will reach out to a relative and see if he can help me. Thanks anyway.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 7:26pm

You do have to understand that internet advice sites are not going to be eager to dispense instructions on working with wires containing fatal voltages. If you make it job one, you will eventually find mfr instructions on the pressure switch you have, and read through them and make up your mind from there.

Sometimes the smartest thing you can do is to not get in over your head.

Rate this thread