You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

terryter

Unregistered

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 8:04pm

Control Box leak

I just opened up the valves for the season and the test cocks. That all worked fine, but then I went back inside and heard what sounded like a loud groaning sound going off every 15 secs or so. I pulled the cover off the control box and saw that one of the connections going to a line (I guess - I'm not well versed in this stuff) seemed to be leaking with a surge of sorts - like a heartbeat - about every so often. When I turned off the one of the two water valves (not part of the control box - separate piece), it of course stopped. My layman's guess is that the connection between two pipes in the control box someone loosened over the winter, and as the water pressure builds, it releases periodically. I have no idea how to attack this problem. Suggestions? I've never dealt with sprinkler issues so should I just go straight to the yellow pages?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 8:30pm

photos, please

Rate this thread