You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 8:25am

Adding manifold to existing manifold

Hi everyone;

Planning phase 3 of my system. I will add a manifold with 3 or 4 valves to an existing manifold with 3/4" valves. I have 35-40 working psi and 8.5 gpm. Will use MP Rotators.

Planning to install 1" valves and use 1" PE for new phase. Ok to connect these to existing 3/4" manifold?

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 8:31am

Sure.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 8:34am

Thank you

Tubal

Starting Member

Monday, June 18th 2012, 6:17pm

I'm in the same boat. I've basically got an entire 3/4" piped system (except the manifolds use 1" fittings and are 1" valves).

I'm also going to run a line about 100' and add another manifold for a garden area. Is there an advantage to using 1" for this new line when the water already runs through ~100' of 3/4" pipe before it gets to the new 1" pipe?

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 8:17am

Technically, yes.
In a class 200 pipe, if you are pushing 10 gpm (for example) through a 3/4" pipe you lose 4.3 psi of pressure per 100 feet. With a 1" pipe you lose 1.3 psi.
For a comparison chart go HERE

You are using PE. I couldn't find a chart off hand but the idea carries through.