You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jfralph

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 2:48pm

Hunter PGV valve not opening after cleaning

I have a PGV valves in my 6yr old system. This spring, upon start-up, several zones began to bleed past the valve. I first tried to pull off the solenoids and open the bleed screws to flush the valves, however, the problem persisted. I then pull the valves apart and cleaned the valve, but still had valve leakage. As a last resort, (lawn was drying up) I purchased new valves and pirated the diaphram from the new valves. Everything worked for short period, however, some additional dirt got into 2 of the valves, and I again took the valves apart and cleaned out a single grain of sand. When i reassembled the valves, the zones will not pressure up. All other zones work fine, But the two zones I recleaned, will not allow pressure through. They are in different valve boxes and on different wiring. One zone by using the bleed screw, I can get normal pressure. On the other zone, I get enough pressure to pop sprinklers up, but only enough to spray half their area.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 3:22pm

You may still have dirt in the valves, in the narrow passages beneath the solenoids or in the valve bonnets.

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 4:22pm

Sure sounds like dirt in the extremely small opening under the solenoid.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 10:28am

Moving parts do wear out. It may be time to replace the diaphragm.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Rate this thread