You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kwikdial

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 3:58pm

kwik dial 9 zone system not working correctly

I turned on the water for my sprinkler system yesterday. I manually went through each zone and adjusted heads. Each zone ran fine. I put it on auto for normal daily watering. I noticed the next morning sprinklers weren't on. I went to the controller and FUSE was flashing alternatively with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. I was able to manual get sprinklers to come on in each zone but only for a few seconds. I tested voltage at plug in and was normal. Now the sprinklers wont work at all and still flash fuse and zones. I contacted kwikdial irritol and they had me reset system and same thing appears to happen. FUSE flashes with all zone numbers. what is the problem? Thanks in advance for responses.

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 4:02pm

I'd suspect a short in the wiring.
From the manual:
" The KwikDial controller features an electronic circuit
breaker which automatically detects an overload
condition on a station terminal during operation and turns
off the station before controller damage can occur. The
KwikDial advances to the next programmed station in
sequence to continue the watering cycle.
After the program watering cycle has finished, FUSE and
the number of the skipped station(s) will be displayed
in alternating sequence with the current time of day.
When all station numbers and FUSE are displayed, the
master valve is malfunctioning. Pressing the button
will remove the warning display.
Important: The most common cause of an overload
condition is a short circuit in the valve wiring or a
malfunctioning valve solenoid.
The cause of the overload
condition should be corrected before continuing to operate
the controller.

kwikdial

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 4:31pm

kwik dial controller

Thanks for the quick response. How do you check for faulty wiring? The screen also flickers in a weird way also. Is it possible I need to replace the controller?

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 8:12am

Timing is everything.
We just put up an article on using a Multimeter to test your system.
Check HERE

Bzmamma

Unregistered

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 11:57am

Sprinkler station stuck, will not turn off

Hi, I'm no pro at this but one of my sprinkler stations would not turn off today. I was adjusting a spray head and accidentally twisted it off so that I had a geyser. I went to turn off the sprinklers and that station would not turn off. I tried everything even putting it in the off position and waiting. I went as far as to clear the memory for each rotation (ABC) to no prevail. I had to eventually go to the main water line valve coming in from the irrigation to our neighborhood and turn it off, I was flooding the area and it was very close to the house. Would the station be faulty? I have never had a problem with it before.

Rate this thread