You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sprint_9

Unregistered

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:05am

Weeping on all sprinklers, none will operate fully

Hi, I am trying to get my sprinkler system fired up after what Im guessing is close to 2 years of no use. Previous owner used it a little 2 years ago and I did not use it at all last year. From what I can tell is going on from what little reading I have done here is I have some faulty valves. It seems like all of the sprinkler heads are weeping no mater what state the solenoid is in. I took one of my valves apart today and found alot of dirt and debris in it, after cleaning that out and re installing everything I am still out of luck on that valve, not to mention the 8 others I have which I haven't torn apart yet.

My valves are Hunter PGV 1 inch with NO flow control. I should also mention I tried manual as well as electronic operation with my cleaned valve, the solenoids appear to be in working order.

Is it possible the diaphragms are all bad after sitting for so long with out use?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:21am

You may have to repeatedly flush the system if there is dirt in the lines - is this city water or well water?

sprint_9

Unregistered

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:31am

City

sprint_9

Unregistered

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 5:50pm

Well I can happily report a success. I cleaned 5 more valves tonight and was able to build up more pressure in the system, because of this all valves I have cleaned are running as intended. I still have 4 left to clean but think I have this figured out now.

Rate this thread