You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

eshara

Unregistered

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 2:15pm

Lateral Pipe Sizing???

Question on pipe sizing for laterals... I want to do a 6 zone system.

Zone 1 with 4 rotors spraying 32 ft each, square lawn, 1 in each corner. Total of 130 linear feet of pipe.
Zone 2 with 8 spray heads covering a strip of lawn that is 12ft by 70ft. 200 ft of pipe total
Zone 3 with 5 rotary heads covering 18ft by 60ft. 80ft of pipe
Zone 4,5,6 are all drip emitters for flower and veg beds. about 30ft of pipe per zone.

There is a slight 3 ft change in elevation going uphill from where the valves are on the side of the house to the heads.

Static pressure at a hose bib is a steady 45psi. Main into the house is 3/4" copper.

I purchased just about everything already in a 1" size (valves, pressure breaker, etc)

I came across 1" poly 200ft spool at a home depot by my for only $24/roll. I think it was a price mistake since all the other stores sell it for $97. I figured it was too good of a deal to pass up.

My question is can I use 1" over 3/4"?? From what I've read it shouldn't be a problem for less friction loss???

Thank you for any help....

Is it ok to use 1" for what I'm thinking?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 2:47pm

no problem at all

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 3:53pm

Hope you stocked up at that price.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 8:37pm

Make sure it's NSF rated 80psi pipe.