You are not logged in.

sequoia8

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 6:42am

Fertilizer application tanks

i would like to hook up a 10 gallon fertilizer application tank to our drip system for our 110 blueberry plants. I need to be able to put sulfuric acid in the tank, to bring the pH down to 4.5 pH at the end of the day. Our water now comes out of the tap at 7.4 pH ... is this a possible application for the 10 gallon fertilizer tank?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 8:18am

why must it be sulfuric acid?

sequoia8

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 12:14pm

Fertilizer application tanks

I have used sulfuric acid for the last 10 years for watering by hand w/ a 50 gallon tank on the back of our gator, and to do 110 blueberry plants it takes about 6 hours to do them, 4 times a week in the summer time. I could use phosphoric acid I presume. The cost of the phosphoric acid, is 8 times higher then a 5 gallon container of sulfuric acid. We go thru a lot of pH down! due to the high pH of our well water. I suspect we would be spending close to 500-800 a year maybe more when buying in 16 lb containers from General Hydroponics.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 5:43pm

I think you may have trouble with a chemical as powerful as sulfuric acid. It's a manufacturer call. Maybe a buffered solution might be worked up.

Monday, May 21st 2012, 8:29am

I'd get something in writing, email or otherwise, from any manufacturer stating it was workable.

Rate this thread