You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 11:42am

Emailed Question

I am having a problem even getting my system to come on. I've replaced the battery, the digital read out appears to registered and working correctly, the schedule set up went smoothly, but when the scheduled start time occurs, there is no action. I tried to hit the manual button and nothing as well?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If not, any ideas on locating a reputable irrigation repair person? I'm located in Scottsdale, AZ

Many thanks, Dan.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 11:46am

Hi Dan, Either the valves aren't getting an electrical signal or the water supply is shut off somehow.

There could be a broken ground wire. The ground wire is usually white. Go out to the valves and look around. Check at the controller also. Do any digging recently?

While you're at the valves try turning one on manually via the bleeder screw or by turning the solenoid. Some valves have a tiny switch on the back of them. Is there water? If not find the shut off valve and turn it back on.

Maybe the flow controls are all shut off? I had two jobs in a row just yesterday where half the valves had the flow controls shut off.

Monday, May 21st 2012, 9:13am

use a mulitmeter to check for 24v at the controller when the zone is supposed to be running.

Rate this thread