You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beachdoc

Starting Member

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 1:37pm

Toro Lawn Master II timer

Toro Lawn Master II

Hello

I am installing a new Toro Lawn Master II Landscape Timer to replace an
Intermatic Timer on a six zone sprinkler system with one valve switch
for all six zones. I am unclear from the directions how to wire the
switch from the control box to the switch. Can there be just the Com and
MV connections to the switch or do I have to wire the switch using all
six of the S1-thru S6 terminals? If so do I just splice S1-S6 wires
together and run one wire back to the switch with the common?

Thanks for any clarity.

Beachdoc

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 5:37pm

As I gaze into the crystal ball, it appears to me you are in Florida 8o

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:36am

Predicting you are in Florida is not a gag. You have described what is almost certainly a sprinkler system with an indexing valve, and those systems use a different sort of controller, a controller with a delay between zones activating, in order to work with the indexing valve. Your Toro controller is not likely to have enough of a delay to work with the indexer. If you had a more expensive controller, you could get a delay between zones, but you would be spending more than a new indexing-valve controller would cost.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (May 21st 2012, 9:14am)

Monday, May 21st 2012, 9:06am

wet-boots,
Thanks.
I wasn't translating "with one valve switch for all six zones." into index valve.
Now it makes sense.

help me please!

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 1:11pm

Doesnt work

So i need help with my sprinkler system i have it all step up but the 3rd zone doesn't want to work and i have put new wire and rewired the whole thing and still cant find the problem!! Please help me!!

pavelow

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 9:51pm

Toro timer/indexing valve (single coil)

Saw this post and I know it is over a year old but wanted to chime in. I just installed a toro timer and used the smart pod, etc. which worked pretty good. How I did this was set 2 start times and use the Odd zones for actually firing the coil and the even zones for a 1 minute delay (not connected). So the coil fires 6 times over the 2 start times. I wired zones 1-3-5 together(at the valve pigtail) and then the common to the valve.

I have 6 new 24v valves on the way but know it may take me some time to fabricate a manifold, etc. so this will limp-along with my glued-together indexing head.

This method worked 100% for me. I did wire each zone separately and joined them at the coil so if I had problems I could test the voltage from each zone hot wire.

I recommend the smart pod. It got the time of the 2nd start wrong but made everything else much simpler.

If you have zone 3 not firing I would get the meter on it. it is a pretty simple plan.

Rate this thread