You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cherrybark

Starting Member

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 6:22pm

Hunter Pro-C Incorrectly Running 2 Zones

Hunter Pro-C, purchased 2002, model with 3 zones per control module, grey and/or black control modules that snap in place.

The system has run flawlessly for several years. There's been no digging, playing with wires, nefarious moles or other problems that I know of. This year the system has decided to run two of the zones simultaneously...once in awhile! The two problem zones are #6 and #9. Since each controller module handles three zones, these two problem zones are the 3rd zone, or screw terminal, on their respective module. I'm hoping that will be clue.

While investigating, I tried running the various zones in "One Station Manual Mode". I tried #9 which started up and ran for a few minutes before I noticed a loss of pressure. Turns out #6 had started running as well. When I tried running #6 in "One Station Manual Mode" it wouldn't run. I reset the system by pulling AC power (no battery installed) and tried the "One Station Manual Mode" test again. This time #9 ran for an hour with no problem. Then #6 ran for an hour with no problem. It would be wonderful if the "pull the plug reset" had solved the problem, but I've but I've had the #6 & #9 simultaneous problem three times this Spring.

If wiring were the problem, I don't think resetting the controller would temporarily solve the problem. Also, I ran the Quick Test <,>,+,- and no problems were detected.

Any thoughts on whether this is an overall controller issue or can it be narrowed down to one of the 3-zone modules?

Regards

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 7:42pm

swap zone wires around, and see what happens - you want to rule out a problem with field wiring

Monday, May 21st 2012, 9:04am

swapping the wires will not only give you an idea of field wiring conditions but will work at a test of the controller/modules.
I'm sort of in the "your controller is broken" frame because of the strange pattern.
Need a little more testing first.
How many zones and modules total?
If you don't move the wires around but swap module locations what happens?