You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sprinklers

Starting Member

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 10:15pm

Old Toro jar top valves

I'm having trouble with my valves and or timer, station 1 comes on and runs fine but the other valves will not respond to the timer. I've opened and cleaned each valve and replaced two diaphragms. I can manually turn on each valve at the box and they will turn off when I turn off the station at the timer box. I've checked the connections and wiring without success, please help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:05am

Old Toro Flo Pro valves are no longer manufactured, and for good reason - you are better off replacing them

Monday, May 21st 2012, 9:09am

If you can manually turn them on and off at the timer but they will not run on program, I'd check my voltage when the program is running. The Controller might be shot and not sending 24v to the other zones.

Sprinkler Heck

Unregistered

Monday, May 28th 2012, 8:23pm

Old Toro valve

I have a toro valve that doesn't respond to the timer. I have 7 zones/valves. 6 work perfectly, respond to the timer perfectly. The faulty zone is an old toro jar top valve. I replaced the old torn diaphragm with a new toro jar top diaphragm/lid/solenoid. When I tested the wiring it worked fine. Sprinkler zone Came on when the wires were connected. I screwed the wires together with Grease caps. When the timer was done the zone shut off fine. I then cycled the zones just to make sure. All the zones cycled as they were supposed to but zone 7 wouldn't come on. I unscrewed and retested the wires. Now the zone doesn't seem to have power.

What the hecks going on?

Did I short out the zone in the 2 minutes from screwing the wires together to the timer shutting off? All the other zones still work fine. Cycle through their schedules fine.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 8:22am

Swap the bad zone wires to another good zone.
Test.
This will test the controller.
If it still doesn't work then it's in the wiring or solenoid.