You are not logged in.

therat

Monday, May 21st 2012, 9:39am

Low pressure in 1 of 6 zones

I bought a house about a year and a half ago and it came with a system. For the most part everything is working ok except for one zone. This zone has 4 heads on it (2 in front yard and 2 in back yard). The two in the back always worked but the two in the front would not work unless I had one of them turned down to the point it was only spraying about a 90-180* arc. This spring I noticed that none of them are really working anymore (not popping up and spraying).

I've tried manually opening the valve the following happens:

Water starts running through the drain below (a pretty good amount at a steady pace)
[attach]72[/attach]

Then after about 30-45 seconds one of the heads will pop up and will be spurting water (kind of a pulsing not a constant flow) and some water will be coming out of that pipe above in the same type of action (the pulsing).

Here is the valve:
[attach]73[/attach]

The first image be located at the bottom right of the second picture.

I am not sure what to do at this point besides giving someone a call and I'd like to try and fix this on my own. Thanks in advance.

Monday, May 21st 2012, 10:26am

I don't follow the drain comment.
What drain on the system?

mrfixit

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:23am

Put a cap in that "drain" thing. Plug it off...

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:48am

If those antisyphon valves are below grade, you got some work to do.

therat

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:09pm

I don't follow the drain comment.
What drain on the system?
The "drain" is the first picture. I have no idea what to call it or what it is for (I will refer to it as a drain for the rest of this reply because I don't know what else to call it). For reference the first picture is part of the pipe that is in bottom right of 2nd picture. What is this "drain" for? I have noticed that two other of the valves have similar "drains" (those appear to be working fine at the moment)

therat

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:12pm

Quoted

Put a cap in that "drain" thing. Plug it off...
I'll give that a try when I get home from work.
If those antisyphon valves are below grade, you got some work to do.
The valve is definitely above 2 of the 4 heads on the zone but not sure on the other two (it is probably really close).

therat

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 12:14pm

This is what I was referring to as the drain in case anyone cared:
[attach]74[/attach]

tried capping the pipe and had similar results.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 6:45am

your photo is of an "automatic drain valve", which is supposed to close off when a zone is pressurized - you may have more of them

Rate this thread