You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

WetElectrode

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 10:51am

Rainbird SST 1200 2 wires per valve?

I'd like to water twice a day, but my Rainbird 1200o only offers the possibility to turn on 2nd watering 6 hrs after 1st: NOT a good idea to water at noontime!

Since the controller has 12 terminals and I have only 4 valves, can I connect one valve to 2 terminals, and so have 2 programs for each valve?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 11:11am

You can connect a zone valve to more than one station on the controller.

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 4:29pm

I'm in disbelief that RainBird would put out a controller where you can't program the start times to any time of day you wish. I'm still not so sure this is the case. I did read the manual and saw where it said 2 times per day was 6 hours apart.
Is it possible that that's just an option they give you? Maybe you can still tell it what time of day to water?

What about program B? Please tell me the controller has a program B. I've seen RainBird do some pretty fishy stuff but even the cheapest timers have a program B. Can you run the valves in the morning on program A then in the evening on program B? That would keep you from having to fiddle with the wiring.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 4:43pm

maybe "SST" means "Super Simple Timer" :P

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 6:58pm

haha.. :D

Rate this thread