You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

T Bone

Unregistered

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 11:44pm

How many 1804 on a zone?

I am laying out my new yard and need to know how many 1804 heads i can put on a zone. The city said I have 140lbs PSI but I have no way to find out my GPM, because I don't have a spicket. Any Ideas?
Also at a 140 PSI I was thinking I will need to put a pressure regulator in?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 25th 2012, 6:15am

140 psi is definitely a value you want to regulate downwards. Do your system connection first, then measure pressures and flows. Only after all that do you worry about the system design.

Friday, May 25th 2012, 7:55am

It's based on GPM and whether the heads are quarter, half or full circle.
Need all that info first.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 7:25am

Look at performance charts for the heads.

teamo

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 8:55am

How did the city determine what the psi was at your house? You can use an inside faucet, preferably one in the basement with no restrictions on it, to get a rough idea of the gpm with a 5 gallon bucket and a stopwatch. I would get a pressure gauge and get a reading for your actual pressure. If you do in fact have high pressure then you will need to install a pressure regulator which is not too difficult.

Rate this thread