You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zxdrew

Friday, May 25th 2012, 9:30am

New Old House - All Solenoids Not Working

Just moved into a new place. The system is a Hunter SRC 900i. I cannot get any of the sections to turn on. I have tried in manual and manual with sensor over ride. I have replaced the internal battery, reset the power to the unit. I pulled out my voltage meter to ensure the unit had power running to each zone when the zone tried to run. Each zone would get a brief 2v spike when I manually ran the section. The unit would sometimes display something like "no" or "err". Each solenoid has great pressure to it, as I can turn the solenoid a quarter turn and the sprinklers start. The whole system ran just fine when the inspector turned it on. Since then we had an electrical panel moved from an inside wall to an outside wall. It necessitated the power being turned off to the whole house for a few days.

I'm racking my brain on trying to figure out what is going on with the system. Any suggestions on things to check would be great.

Friday, May 25th 2012, 10:54am

Each zone would get a brief 2v spike when I manually ran the section.
Is that above the 24v you are supposed to get or is it 2v total?

Checking the manual, ERR = "Electrical noise is entering the system, through the smart port wiring harness.
Check the SmartPort™ wiring harness. If the wires were extended then they will need to be replaced with shielded cable...."

Shorting out somewhere.
IF you do get 24v at the terminal, turn one zone on and see if you get it at the valve.