You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cayveman

Starting Member

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 9:20pm

Control valve run's great when off, trickles when on.

I am having issues with 1 of 10 control valves. I have one valve that puts out just a little water when on, but runs great when off. I have done everything I can think of. I picked cleaned the valve, replaced the solenoid, rewired to another location on the controller, replaced the valve twice (once with the original Orbit, then with a Hunter PGV.) After all this, the symptoms are the same. Even with the controller unplugged or the valve disconnected, this is still the case. These valves both had manual operation by backing out the solenoids. In both cases, manually turning to the off position makes the water come out faster. Also, I did check to make sure the flow was the correct direction. Please help me find my sanity. I've done all I can think of. Thanks

mechman

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 5:45pm

I actually joined the forum to post the same exact question! I have one zone that always trickles out when opened via the controller. And yet it sprays fine when opened manually.

I haven't done any troubleshooting yet. Just searching first.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 7:38pm

Zone valves that fail to open fully have issues with the diaphragm assembly, solenoid, or passages in the valve where the "control water" flows

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 8:03am

If you've never opened a valve, go to out main site, SPRINKLER WAREHOUSE .
Go to the very bottom and click on YouTube videos. It is on the very bottom of the screen.
Watch the first video.

Feedback appreciated.

Rate this thread