You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 11:03pm

Irrigation controller has "lost" some stations.

My Hits Products "Rain Pro Modular" controller - probably five or six years old - has recently "lost" seven if the ten stations it used to show (now I only see stations 1, 2, & 3).

All three programs - A, B, & C - have the same problem.

What has happened, and how can I fix it?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, May 28th 2012, 9:43am

Most modular controllers won't recognize additional zones if a module is absent. My guess is that your module is loose in the controller.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 7:39am

Hello,

And thank you for your suggestion.

I have triple-checked the modules and all are secure, with all cable connections ditto. While I was (trying) to re-program, I didn't touch any of the innards of the controller, so didn't believe the problem was there.

Anyway, after re-checking, I still am only able to see stations 1, 2, and 3, with 4 to 10 . . . somewhere. :cursing:

Merci.

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 8:31am

Not familiar with Rain pro but are the modules swappable? Can you swap the 4-6 module with the 7-10 module?
If the module for 4-6 failed then some controllers will see the dead/non-existent zone 4 and stop searching.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:51am

"Rainpro" is HIT's imitation of the Pro C

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 10:06am

Hello again!

As you have probably guessed, I am new to irrigation systems, so don't know (from top to bottom inside the controller) which is module 4-6, 7-10, etc. :S

How do I identify each so that I can try the swap?

In the meantime, I'll search the internet for the Pro-C User's Manual.

Thanks again to both!

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 11:02am

Should be labeled in the controller itself.
Pro-c manual is HERE
Push comes to shove, remove the last two modules, swap, test.

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 1:48am

Hello again.

I have tried to change the modules as suggested, but whoever wired the system (before I bought the house) didn't leave sufficient free wiring for me to move second module, numbered 7, 8, & 9, up to the top module space, which is numbered 10, 11, & 12. Connection 12 is un-wired. All other connections are secure.

Try as I might, I can't pull enough cable through the conduit to let me swap the positions of these top two modules. Obviously, the top module drops into the slot for the third, but to get the third up to the top place . . . Mission Impossible (without using a cable connector?).

As far as doing anything with other modules is concerned, the third module from the top, shows numbers 4, 5, & 6, and the fourth, and last, has five connections - OOM, P/M, 1, 2, & 3, listing from the bottom up - so I can't swap that one with any of the other three, 3-connection modules.

I am still only seeing three stations - 1, 2, & 3 - in the controller for each program, and the irrigation system only fires up the same first three.

Help wanted.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 6:11am

Do a system reset, according to mfr instructions.

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 7:59am

"Irrigation controller has found it's stations"!!! :thumbsup:

A thousand thanks for those who helped!!

I have a garden in a house on the outskirts of "sunny Madrid" (today 30C!), and a functioning irrigation system is a must!

Thank you for taking me on my crash-course through this "wee bit" of trouble-shooting, and pushing me up my irrigation systems learning curve!

My wife says "Thanks" as well, as a) she was starting to worry about her garden, and b) I was driving her crazy (again!).

Rate this thread