You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

r0nj0n3s

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 7:51pm

Wilkins vs. Febco

Would love to hear the opinions of the members of the board. Which company makes the better pressure vacuum breaker. Wilkins or Febco ? Installed a Wilkins 420 over the weekend with no trouble at all.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:16pm

When it comes to freezing climates...Febco. Wilkin's is more tolerant of deep freezes, but when they do freeze, the chance of having to replace the entire unit is greater. Febco's are more susceptible to cold, but you will never have to replace the entire unit, just the plastic internals.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 6:20am

Opinions vary - I think the only PVB I ever saw with a jammed poppet was a Febco 765, and that's kind of a deal-killer for me, since the protecting of the water matters more than the cost of repairs after letting water freeze inside a backflow preventer.

Rate this thread