You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ttime

Starting Member

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 8:22pm

richdel r205 valve controller

I just purchase and installed 2 valve body replacements. I think I installed them the same way as they came out. When I turn on the timer nothing happens unless I open the bleeder valves. It must have something to do with the install Im thinking, where do I start looking? they both have new solenoids! Is there perhaps a diagram I can search for internal parts, I dont know, looking for help

mrfixit

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 10:55pm

You should have just bought two new 205's and replaced everything including the bonnet.

Try putting the old solenoids back on.
If that doesn't work you've done something wrong installing the diaphragms. Or..
You might have pinched off the small nipple on the bonnet.
Check for debris clogging the ports...

Friday, June 1st 2012, 8:34am

If you've never rebuilt a valve take a lookHERE for a short video on rebuilding valves

mrfixit

Friday, June 1st 2012, 10:56am

Nice video but there's a trick I've learned about rebuilding 205's
You need to attach the diaphragm to the bonnet with the screws first then attach the whole thing to the body.
Turn the screws until they're about 1/2 inch through the holes in the diaphragm. You need to hold the diaphragm tight because the spring will be pushing it out.
Then you carefully line up the bonnet and screws with the screw holes and quickly place the bonnet on the body. Keep your eye on the screws and screw holes.
Doing it this way insures the diaphragm doesn't turn and block the port and you don't smash the nipple due to the bonnet being out of alignment..

Friday, June 1st 2012, 11:12am

Good idea.
I might collect tips like that a do a 'special tricks' video, if time allows.

Rate this thread