You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kroeser

Starting Member

Wednesday, January 7th 2004, 7:33am

insect spray

has anyone distributed mosquito and tick spray through their sprinkler system? Can it be done, is it safe, is it legal (in New York)?

kroeser

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, January 7th 2004, 3:48pm

Not a very safe practice if you ask me. There is fertigation, fertilizing through your sprinkler system.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 8:10am

I wouldnt trust it either!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Sunday, February 29th 2004, 2:19pm

Simply put! You can get pretty screwed if you try something that is not speced to run through a system. I won't even offer Fertigation with my systems- To much of a liability!!!!!!!

waterpilot

Monday, April 19th 2004, 7:05am

I considered putting in fertigation as I install my irrigation system, however, with two small boys, I've reconsidered. There has to be a health concern with a system that distributes fertilizer through the air once every two or three days. Proof that this shouldn't be a concern could sway my opinion though. The systems are convenient.

Rate this thread