You are not logged in.

voless

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 12:17am

Anyone use a DitchWitch 255sx regularly

I am starting to do sprinklers as a side job. My stepdad had a sprinkler business when I was younger and I helped from time to time so I am not completly green. I settled on a 255sx as my machine and picked up a used one from a guy. It needs some fixing but will make it through the summer. One thing that is bothering me is it seems so be making a big mound when I plow with it. I mean quite noticable. As of now I have just done dirt yards before sod so I just rake it out and not a issue. But I do have some turf yards lined up and am a worried its gonna make a big mess. I am wondering if its just the blade that came on it or if its something else I am missing, shaker, pulling to fast. Not sure of the exact kind of blade on it but it pulls really deep witch I dont like. Like 18in so most times I dont have the boom all the way down. I would like to replace it for a 8-10 inch blade, any ideas on what works the best. Any input is great.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 9:35am

We have 3 of them. They are an excellent machine, but do need maintenance.
12" bar works great. Make sure it's sharp. Nothing worse than getting into a yard filled with tree roots with a dull bar.
Run over the mound with the tires of the machine after pulling the line. The weight of the machine will flatten out the trench nicely. It's the very last thing I do after installing everything. Running over the mainline trench too soon will lock the wire in place and you won't be able to pull extra wire for the valves. Not to mention that sometimes you won't be able to see the slice where the line is.

voless

Monday, June 4th 2012, 5:14pm

12 in bar? Can you be a little more specific.I come across turf shark, saber, traction blades and Kaercher systems. I do drive over it after the fact and helps a little but still leaves a mound.

Rate this thread