You are not logged in.

iamrosen

Starting Member

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 6:46pm

Sprinklers fuction only when solenoid or bleed screw rotated

I have a Rain Jet classic RJ711 valve system. When the conroller automatically activates the system the sprinklers do not rise and the water flow is confined to the edges of the sprinklers. When either the solenoid or bleed screw is turned counter clockwise as directed I get an excellent spray. What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 7:21pm

replace the diaphragm assembly is the sight-unseen answer - the all-encompassing answer is to replace everything but the valve body with the 'guts' of an Irritol 205F valve

Glenn Phillips

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 2:52pm

RE: Sprinklers fuction only when solenoid or bleed screw rotated

I have a Rain Jet classic RJ711 valve system. When the conroller automatically activates the system the sprinklers do not rise and the water flow is confined to the edges of the sprinklers. When either the solenoid or bleed screw is turned counter clockwise as directed I get an excellent spray. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
I have the same issue..

mrfixit

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 5:33pm

The valve needs a new diaphragm.
Here's the diaphragm you need.

Glenn Phillips

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 8:59pm

RE: RE: Sprinklers fuction only when solenoid or bleed screw rotated

I have the same issue.. the issue is resolved by removing the white plastic retaining collar on the solenoid that is in place to retain the plunger and prevent it from falling out during shipping and handling. It needs to be removed before installation of the solenoid onto the valve body. Valve works great w/ the plastic collar removed.

Glenn Phillips

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 18th 2013, 9:13pm

RE: RE: RE: Sprinklers fuction only when solenoid or bleed screw rotated

I have the same issue.. the issue is resolved by removing the white plastic retaining collar on the solenoid that is in place to retain the plunger and prevent it from falling out during shipping and handling. It needs to be removed before installation of the solenoid onto the valve body. Valve works great w/ the plastic collar removed.

Also, if changing out the diaphram ensure the diaphram is oriented properly rotationally as well as right side up on the valve body. There is a small hole that allows water to pass thru the perimeter of the valve body and only one diaphram hole should line up with the same hole at the perimeter of the valve body.. don't confuse it with the other holes designed for the screws holding the two halves of the valve body.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 1:08am

RE: RE: RE: Sprinklers fuction only when solenoid or bleed screw rotated

I'm not so sure the RJ711 solenoid has the white retaining collar. I believe the valve was redesigned into the 2711 before the collar was added to the solenoid.
If you know otherwise I'd be happy to hear it.