You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JP

Unregistered

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 8:24pm

Maxi Paw Rotor

About 1/2 of my maxi paws will not rotate after I first turned them on this year. Plenty of pressure and impulse working, the rotor is not turning. Is there anything that can be done without the necessity of changing the head or rotor.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 4th 2012, 5:49am

are the cases free of debris?

JP

Unregistered

Monday, June 4th 2012, 9:07am

Maxi Paws

Yes the cases are free of debris and mud. It just struck me as unusual that so many of my heads are non functioning. Could I pull the rotor out with a wrench and clean. Some of the rotors turn freely and others are stuck. Any assistance would be appreciated. I am trying to avoid replacement. The heads are only 3 years old, we are talking about 9 heads.
Thanks

Monday, June 4th 2012, 10:10am

Easy to do if you have a Maxi Paw wrench

mrfixit

Monday, June 4th 2012, 7:26pm

I've been frustrated with the Maxi-Paw for a few years now. I install a new head and a year later or less it stops rotating. I'd say about 10% of them do it. Nothing I've done has cured the problem. I just swap out the guts. Many times I don't even charge the people.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:40am

As long as they aren't set too deep, Maxipaw heads have done fine for me. The most common problem I see is a bit of floating debris getting caught in the impact arm recesses.

Rate this thread