You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GrandmaM

Starting Member

Monday, June 4th 2012, 4:47pm

Need to protect wiring to valve

My gardening company recently cut the wire to two of my valves while trimming a succulent ground cover. The backyard was pretty dry before I discovered it.
I repaired it, but I need automatic sprinklers as I travel for work. Is there anything that I can use to protect the wires from the threat of nylon trimmer line? I thought of wrapping heavily with electrical tape, but hoped somebody might have a more elegant solution.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:01am

Bury them 6 inches

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:28am

Either deep bury deep or sleeve.
Since you already have a connection there you could probably undo you have a couple of simple options.

Get a piece of large PVC for sleeve. 1 1/2" or 2" or even drain pipe.
Lacking in elegance but rugged, get a section of chicken wire and wrap around wires a number of times. Flexible and tough.

Rate this thread