You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Donnie

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:22am

I have several, two, sprinkler heads leaking while the system is in operation. It appears to be comming from around the pop up section of the rotating head.

How do i repair the leaking rotating head? It leakes only when in operation around the actual pop up head.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:30am

Rotors are not usually repairable on the component level. Sounds like your seal is worn out, which will happen after a period of time.
Find the same model, swap guts.

teamo

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:23pm

What model heads are they? I just had that problem with my Hunter PGP rotors. They Have been in the ground for about 9 years. They have some repair parts available but considering the age I just replaced them. Before you do anything take the heads apart and flush everything out with water. Sometimes debris can get into them and cause a leak at the seal. If that doesn't work then replace the bad heads.

Rate this thread