You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 3:32pm

Who can design a sprinkler system?

Hi,

We are living in Belgium (Europe) and are shopping for a sprinkler system for our garden. Prices in Belgium are extremely high, and importing from the US could be an option.

Do you know of any web consulting service who can design a sprinkler system with all the required valves and other equipment? I have a PDF plan of our garden in 1:100, but it is in meters (not in yards). Do you also have an idea what would be a reasonable cost to design this sprinkler system?

Ivan

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 3:57pm

Rain Bird Europe will provide a design for 49 Euros. Check http://rba.rainbird.fr/en/webdesign/
Toro USA provides a similar service. Search on Toro Belgium.

In my area, Houston, Tx, a residential design with parts lists goes for $100 to $200, depending on zones.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:08pm

I've looked at Rainbird, but I thought that I had to redesign my plan with their software. I can't send them a PDF (although that is what I've understood).

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:39pm

Can't speak for there but here you can either fax it in or mail a hard copy.
No electronic submissions.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:11am

I've used Toro and Rainbird in the US. Free. Fax the data. A good start. I took the designs, made adjustments and I have a nice system.

Hunter has an excellent residential design handbook. If you don't have an extremely large garden, use these services and install yourself.

You need to learn allot but you also have this site for help.

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:37am

I have a Toro design on my desk. Wanted to see how they did on a residence I am familiar with.
While there are things I would have done differently I have to admit it would work pretty well.
There are minor changes that have to be made because of local codes but the other changes are strictly personal preference/opinion.
Pretty complete package.