You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:43pm

Rainbird 1800's.

I just installed 6 Rainbird 1800's. Two of the sprays -spray straight out, causing dry spots from the spray to about 2ft out from there. Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 8:04am

all same type nozzle? Different radius/patterns?
Spray never do a complete job of watering close in. That's why designs are always head to head.
The water from spray 2 covers the area in front of spray one, etc.

sprinkler enthusiast

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 10:46pm

is there a head to head coverage, i.e. spray from one head reaches the neighboring head?

mrfixit

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 11:33pm

I've read this post at least three times. I still don't understand exactly what you're saying. If you mean you have brown spots 2 feet in front of the sprinkler you should try the U series nozzle. It has two openings. One opening sprays normal and the other one sprays in close to the sprinkler.
U Series. Click on this.
---------------
Watch this video:
Video

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jun 6th 2012, 11:43pm)

Friday, June 8th 2012, 9:35pm

I changed them around today to have head to head coverage. This has solved my problem. Thank-you to everyone who helped! :)

rmour

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 12:01pm

The ideal head to head isn't always feasible with inherited systems...use a dual spray nozzle http://www.rainbird.com/homeowner/products/sprays/dualspraynozzles.htm

Rate this thread